This meme was created for YA Midnight Reads to showcase our latest hauls and what’s been going on in our lives.
Things I’ve done lately: procrastinating.
You could say that I’ve had a very non-productive week. That, and the fact that all I want to do is stare at the new blog design because I still cannot get over how much I love it. Speaking of which, when I did my first few commenting rounds since forever the other day, I found that so many blogs got new designs as well! IT’S TRULY AWESOME AND I LOVE THEM ALL. *revamp buddy fist pumps all around*
Aaaanyway, in terms of school life, the stress is real guys, and I swear it’s going to eat me alive. ALIVE, I TELL YOU. You’ll know where to find me if you don’t hear back from me in a week. *eye twitch*
ALSO: HOW THE HECK IS IT MAY ALREADY? I seriously feel like it’s only February or something. Nope, not accepting this. Nope nope NOPE.
I’ve also gotten myself a Netflix account and oh my gosh WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?! I have met my true love, I’m telling you. The Aussie Netflix isn’t as great as the U.S. one, but hey, we’re getting there! (Slowly, might I add.) I just finished binge-watching Orphan Black the other day and I’m now up to date. If you watch it too, do tell me so we can discuss all the things! I’m now starting Suits because I have a few good friends at school who are fans of the show. Honestly, I’m not all that invested in it at the moment because there doesn’t seem to be any complex plot lines going on (disclaimer: I’m only at Season 1, Episode 2), so we’ll see.
Moving onto sadder news, I’ve had a really hard time getting back into reading. And, I’ve had this issue for the past 2 months. I do think I’m getting better, especially after I finished We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach which was truly a delightful lil’ contemporary novel (mini review to come this week), so hopefully my motivation to read only increases from here on! *fingers crossed*
Posts on the Blog
- [27 Apr] Blog Tour: Crimson Bound
- [29 Apr] In a World Just Right by Jen Brooks ★★
- [2 May] Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge ★★★★
- [3 May] Midnight Madness Newsletter (82)
Around the Blogosphere
- Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight tells us about the bookish things that confuse her
- Ana @ Butterflies of the Imagination celebrates her 1st year blogversary!
- Ella @ Once Upon a Bookish Time is also celebrating her 1st year blogversary!
- Kristen @ My Friends Are Fiction asks what we did before we began blogging
- Tabitha @ Not Yet Read talks about the go-to comfort books when she’s mentally exhausted
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence shares her thoughts on the Age of Ultron movie, which she wasn’t that impressed with
Cassie Clare’s The Mortal Instruments is well underway with it’s TV show adaptation, Shadowhunters! So far, Simon (Alberto Rosende), Isabelle (Emeraude Toubia) and Jace (Dominic Sherwood) have been casted.
In other news, The Little Prince International Trailer was released, and it is absolutely glorious and beautiful.
Newest Book Arrivals
Dangerous Deception: I have no intention of reading this one because I DNFed Dangerous Creatures. This is the second book to the spin of series of Beautiful Creatures.
Hacked: I’ve never heard of this one before, but a character with ADHD? I’m curious…
I’ll Be There: So I believe that this is book was republished, as according to Goodreads, the first edition was released in 2012. I’ve read a lot of 5 star reviews for this one, so I am very eager to read this! Always love a good contemporary.
The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly: Larissa read and enjoyed this one so I decided to request it myself – a Grimm retelling? HECK YEAHS.
In Darkness: I read There Will Be Lies by Nick Lake which turned out to be a really weird, weird novel, but when I saw this on Booktopia for only $6, I had to grab it!
The Catalyst: I’ve never heard of this one before, but it sure looks intimidating with it’s huge size.
Everything, Everything: AHHHHHH I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS BOOK! I’ve already seen glowing things for this one, and I am just dying to pick it up. (But alas, there are other review copies to read first.)
Hello, I Love You: This one looks like a hella cute contemporary. I’m no k-pop fan, let alone listen to k-pop so hopefully that doesn’t taint my enjoyment.
Every Last Word: I got an email from Disney asking me about this one and I basically just downloaded it without the blink of an eye. THE COVER IS SO CUTE AND SIMPLISTIC. Oh… and I obviously downloaded this because of other reasons like the synopsis and stuff too, riiiight?
~Thank you Disney Hyperion, St. Martin’s Press, Penguin Random House, HarperCollins Australia, Hachette Australia, Scholastic Australia and Penguin Australia!~
- We’re celebrating our new design with an INTL giveaway! Come and enter to win a hardcover of your choice.
And that’s it for this week! How’ve you all been? School/work keeping you busy as well? Do you like the idea of this being a bi-monthly feature?
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Giveaway: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - February 14, 2016
- Midnight Blogging 101: The Thing About ARCs - January 16, 2016
- YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! - January 9, 2016
- Mel’s 2016 Resolutions (That Hopefully Will Last the Year) - January 7, 2016