Hello hello hello! Remember us? Those three lunatics who are infatuated with books? Yeah, we’re back. AND LOOK AT THE PRETTY DESIGN WE BROUGHT BACK WITH US.
And of course, it could have only been designed and coded with the help of the Great and Powerful Mitchii. So girl, THANK YOU SO MUCH for dealing with all my emails and questions and everything in general. You rock. <33 If anyone is considering a new look for their blog, I recommend you check out Mitchii’s work because she can make some real magic happen.
The basic idea was to keep the colour scheme (that is, blue and purple) but have a much more professional, clean and simple look. Personally, I’m absolutely IN LOVE with the new design and I love the girl and moon vector which reminds me of the Dreamworks logo which just works nicely. (Dreams – Sleep – Midnight – YA Midnight Reads, anyone?) I hope you all love it as much as I do 😀
Aside from the new look, there are some other changes that are happening to this blog:
- Midnight Madness Newsletter, our weekly wrap-up feature, is now a bi-monthly thing. This is simply because us three aren’t having as much time each week to give you a proper and thorough wrap-up and well, quality over quantity!
- We have a new feature! Midnight Blogging 101 is a new feature that will commence soon on the blog. Basically, this is where we’ll be posting blog tips and tricks on all kinds of things to help you guys out! If you want us to answer YOUR question in one of our upcoming posts, feel free to email us at yamidnightreads(at)gmail(dot)com
- We are going to be posting more consistently. While it’s pretty much impossible for us to post more, we do plan to post at a more consistent rate so that we aren’t spamming you one week and giving you total radio silence the next. Time to crack down on the scheduling.
- I cleared out all our Categories. I remember reading a post about it on Ashley @ Nose Graze‘s site once upon a time and now I finally acted on it and now the categories are so clean and simple!
- There will be more mini review posts. If you remember, before I went to America, I had a post which contained a bunch of mini reviews in one post. You’ll be seeing those sort of posts more often, because they’re surprisingly more popular and they help us keep that review pile under our feet.
Now, we’re going to try something new this time. I’ve been wanting to do this for ages but haven’t found the right opportunity to post it, so why not now, since we got a new design and all?
In short, we made a rather quick survey for you guys to fill out. It’s basically just for us to know how you honestly feel about YMR, so we can move to improve and maybe change the blog for the better. It’s completely anonymous so go ahead, and give us your honest opinion! It only takes a few moments 😉 If you cannot view it below, please click here to view it in another tab.
Along with this survey, we also have a giveaway to celebrate the occasion!
This giveaway is internationally open. Please read our giveaway policy before entering below.
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Giveaway: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - February 14, 2016
- Midnight Blogging 101: The Thing About ARCs - January 16, 2016
- YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! - January 9, 2016
- Mel’s 2016 Resolutions (That Hopefully Will Last the Year) - January 7, 2016