This meme was created for YA Midnight Reads to showcase upcoming posts and hauls from over the past week
It has been a while so…
I have missed you, my friends. This week was crazy hectic with 6 assignments/exams happening so I wasn’t around much, and…*whispers* I only read one book.
I KNOW. SHAME ON YOU, MEL, SHAME ON YOU.
But, that being said, it was an awesome read, so it sort of is okay…right? RIGHT?! RIGHT??!!
But don’t worry, I’ll have that fixed this week after Tuesday because I’ll literally have nothing to do with my life after that. WHOOPDEDOO! I’ll never leave you guys again, pinkie promise.
Hey people! I’m still missing everybody and wish I had more time to spend with y’all. Work has been crazy, unsurprisingly. Who knew that working part time at a toy store near Christmas (according to retail times, not the actual calender) would be crazy? [; Had to do a midnight shift the other day which was just plain odd. I find that working in a toy store that I shouldn’t be the type to buy last minute gifts. Yet, already I can tell that I have all of these things to buy and not enough time/creative thoughts to do it before Christmas ooops.
I’ve finished applying to all of my university choices and now I must wait. I’m the most impatient person ever so this is quite tough. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF MY DREAM FUTURE IS GOING TO BE A REALITY.
Boys. Need I say more? They’re driving me insane. Okay.
Read by: Mel Rating: 4 | Read by: Celine Rating: | Read by: Larissa Rating: 3
Posts on the Blog
Around the Blogosphere
– Sydney @ Utterly Bookish talks about how you should be blogging how you want to, and why it is so important
– Chyna @ Lite Rate Ture tells us what makes her decline a review request
– Dre @ Sporadic Reads shares some great bookish gift ideas
– Amanda @ Book Badger reveals a bookish confession about buying books
– Meg @ Adrift on Vulcan talks about how she values her bloggy friends’ opinions over starred reviews
– Stephanie @ These Paper Hearts shows us how to add a recent reviews gadget to the sidebar
If you’ve been hiding under a rock, you probably missed out on the Insurgent teaser trailer.
Honestly speaking though, it was awfully disappointing. Like please, just stop. The movie better be better than this excuse of a teaser trailer.
I actually didn’t know that it was becoming a movie until just recently, and I’m not really sure what to think of the trailer, especially since I haven’t read the book yet. It sounds pretty cliche, but hey, I’ll bite.
In other news, (but totally not bookish news), THE PITCH PERFECT 2 TRAILER ALSO CAME OUT O.M.G.
I’ve watched this way too many times…
New on the Shelves
I couldn’t help but buy a new set of The Heroes of Olympus…the temptation was too much. I also bought myself a copy of Crown of Midnight, because the version I owned was an ARC, and didn’t match the rest of the series. Thank you kindly Kristen of My Friends are Fiction for The Cure for Dreaming! It is absolutely gorgeous in person. And of course, thank you to all the publishers for the other books that are now prettying up my shelves.
~Thanks to Penguin Canada!~
– None at the moment!
And that’s it from us for this week. Link us to your wrap-ups and hauls for us to check out!
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Giveaway: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - February 14, 2016
- Midnight Blogging 101: The Thing About ARCs - January 16, 2016
- YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! - January 9, 2016
- Mel’s 2016 Resolutions (That Hopefully Will Last the Year) - January 7, 2016