The very fact that I spelt ‘choose’ wrong the first time around goes to show how sleep deprived I am right now. Like seriously, did I even spell it right, this time around? I AM SO CONFUSED. STUFF YOU GRAMMAR AND SPELLING. YOU’RE TOO ADVANCED FOR MY POOR LIL’ BRAIN.
Why am I sleep deprived? Answer: school.
Bet you didn’t see that one coming.
Last year, short story, I went to a pretty ‘meh’ school. I never got any homework, barely any assignments (well we did, but no one in my class bothered so I started to not bother as well) and I got home REAAAAL early. Basically, every afternoon till bedtime: blog blog blog read read read socialize socialize socialize. Back then, I read nearly a book a day. Some people asked me “HOW THE FLIP DO YOU GO TO SCHOOL AND BLOG?” And I just thought…I have all the time in the world. How little did I know…
So what’s life like since this year when I transferred to a selective school? I get home REAAAAL late, I get a ton of homework and an endless supply of assignments. Instead of having the delight in choosing a novel to read each day, I get the pleasure of choosing which assignment I should tackle first. Tis’ great life.
How do I cope now that I get home at 5pm and technically have to be asleep by 10:30pm with both blogging, reading and school?
I have no answer to that question, to be honest. Somehow, I manage to squeeze in a book, a post, a stash of homework, and I feel like a oompa loompa at the end of the day. Actually, more like a big shlop of shlopiness. Yes, that’s more like it.
If you go to school, I bet you can totally relate with me. Despite how much we LOVE blogging, school has to stand in the way BECAUSE IT’S MEAN LIKE THAT. And each day, it’s like: I’ll do 30 mins of homework then I’ll go on twitter for 10 mins, okay? Then you end up just staying on twitter because there is no such thing as self control ;____;
So, because I love making myself suffer at night time, I decided to compile a list of some pros of school and the pros of blogging. LET’S SEE WHICH ONE WEIGHS OUT THE OTHER….
– You get to meet a whole lot of amazing people that you wouldn’t necessarily have the opportunity of meeting in real life
– You get to force people to read your posts that you’ve written half-dead
– You get to MAKE THE BESTEST OF FRIENDS
– You also get to MAKE THE BESTEST OF WEIRD RELATIONSHIPS, I’m looking at you, Ellis.
– A fun hobby and it actually can make your job application look good if you keep it up well
– School transforms you from stupid to less stupid
– You can also make awesome friends (though not as awesome as bloggy friends)
– School means education and education means you have to get a good ATAR (GPA or whatever you call it in your country) so you can get a good job so you can have money. And money means you can buy food so you can stay alive and without it YOU WILL DIE AND YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BLOG AGAIN BOOHOOHOOOOOO.
You can blog in the afterlife/heaven 24/7…
Now that, would be verrrry interesting.
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Giveaway: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - February 14, 2016
- Midnight Blogging 101: The Thing About ARCs - January 16, 2016
- YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! - January 9, 2016
- Mel’s 2016 Resolutions (That Hopefully Will Last the Year) - January 7, 2016