This meme was created for YA Midnight Reads to showcase upcoming posts and hauls from over the past week
I finally went shopping for the 1st time in 3 months. The last time was also during the school holidays. It’s mainly because when I have school, by the time I get home it’s already 5pm and the shops are already closed by then. But yes, shopping was a lot of fun, not so fun for my feet which are sore as hell; but hey, it was totally worth it. 😀
I am planning on watching How To Train Your Dragon 2 with my friends from my old school this Tuesday, and I am very excited. I haven’t seen them in quite some time. Other than that, this week was pretty uneventful; I’ve been sleeping till midday which is just THE BEST and I have been dabbling on my homework here and there.
Laura from Laura Plus Books and I are watching Sherlock together, and we’re up to the last episode of season 3 but we don’t think we’re ready to wait for 2 years for the next ep so we’re delaying it, ehehe.
My week has been pretty basic again. Haha sorry I don’t have some extremely interesting life guys! For the first part of my week I worked like crazy, which was quite draining but woooo. My next pay cheque should be quite good and I plan on going on a book shopping spree haha c: I’ve started taking driving lessons so that’s brand new and a little nerve-wracking. I went to the lake with my friend the other day and had fun with that. What else to say?? Hmmm, like I said not a very exciting week.
I did have a totally delicious chocolate milkshake from Fatburger, if you haven’t tried them omg. You’re missing out (:
Read by: Mel Rating: 5 | Read by: Larissa Rating: 2.5
Melanie’s Book of the Week
Guys, this book is so so beautiful and while it’s been two days since I’ve finished this, I cannot stop thinking about it. I high recommend this. I’d say it’s a cross between MG and YA but I’m sure all YA lovers will adore this just as much.
Posts on the Blog
- [30 Jun] Unwept by Laura Hickman, Tracy Hickman
- [1 Jul] Cover Madness Giveaway Hop
- [2 Jul] The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno ★★★★
- [3 Jul] Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid ★½
- [4 Jul] Discussing Through Midnight (37): Survey Fun
- [5 Jul] Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan ★★★★★
- [6 Jul] Midnight Madness Newsletter (58)
Around the Blogosphere
– Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination shows us how to make a TBR jar
– Tanja @ Ja citam, a ti? asks why translations are never good enough
– Aimee and Dylan @ Deadly Darlings are searching for a co-blogger
– Faye @ The Social Potato is hosting a Brandon Sanderson read-along
– Kristen @ My Friends are Fiction shows us her July TBR pile
New on the Shelves
~Thank you Harlequin Australia, Jaz @ Fiction in Fiction in Fiction, Joy N. Hensley, Walker Books Australia, Joy @ Thoughts by J, PenguinTeen Australia, Hachette Australia, Text Publishing Australia, Hannah @ Hannah Reads Books and Thames and Hudson Australia!~
I had a pretty awesome week of books! Pinkie Pie and the Rites of Passage swag came from Jaz who was so kind to gift me when we met last Saturday. The books to the left are ones that I bought from the Harlequin sale that ended on the 30th of June. So many pretties! I received The Diviners and Lola from Hannah who was giving away books on Instagram and I won Spark over at Joy’s blog a while back. All the other books were from the publishers–all were unsolicited with the exception of Let’s Get Lost and Otherbound. You guys rock!
That’s all from us this week! Did you get any new books?
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Giveaway: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - February 14, 2016
- Midnight Blogging 101: The Thing About ARCs - January 16, 2016
- YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! - January 9, 2016
- Mel’s 2016 Resolutions (That Hopefully Will Last the Year) - January 7, 2016