So I (finally) made Midnight Madness work for all three of us! YAY! Now you get to stalk Celine and Larissa’s lives as well. Isn’t that wonderful?
I’m starting school this week *sobbing* so things will slowly get back on track (like less of me, because I totally hogged these two weeks while I have been on holidays). *bats eyelashes at Celine and Larissa*I find it silly that I have to start this week though. I start on the Wednesday but school only goes till 1:35pm on a Wednesday and I have Friday off because it’s ANZAC day in Australia and New Zealand. But school will be school. *shakes head unapprovingly*
Also, I’m here but I’m not here, if that makes any sense. Right now, I’m actually freezing my ass off at Phillip Island for my sister’s birthday. So that’s great and just wonderful.
So this week I let Mel know that I’m going to Rome with school, leaving her extremely jealous. Seriously though, all Mel’s cobloggers are going to Italy, haha. (Well, except for Blythe, but you never know!) I’m already looking forward to it! I mean: sun, pizza, gelato… What’s not to like?
I have a long weekend this week because of Easter, which is bliss. Unfortunately, I have to spend all my free time doing school work because they decided to let us do ALL the presentations, papers and tests next week. No me gusta. Anyway, I’ll be eating my weight in easter eggs to compensate for all the schoolwork. It’s totally allowed! So, like Mel, I’ll be around, but not much.
This past week has been a joyful routine of school followed by my part time job at Toys R Us. Which has basically become a full time job as I worked every day this week minus Monday. At least tomorrow is Easter! Which I definitely don’t work and will enjoy a lovely brunch with my whole family (: And devor copious amounts of chocolate. I’ll also start to catch up on blog commenting the first chance I get.
I also get Monday off school which is nice. That day I’m going to the Zoo with my best friend (: I’m very excited, I literally haven’t been there in years. I used to go allllll of the time of a child, so it’ll be great to go again and relive some fun memories. Plus, THE TIGERS. Haha who doesn’t love Tigers? They’re definitely my favorite animal. The zoo also makes for some great photo opportunities.
I wish everybody reading this a very happy Easter and if you don’t celebrate it, than just a lovely long weekend.
Read by: Mel Rating: 4.5 | Read by: Celine Rating: 3 | Read by: Larissa Rating: 4.5
Mel’s Book of the Week
I didn’t rate this one really high but I really enjoyed it. Contrary to popular opinion, I didn’t mind the slut-shaming. I don’t like it when it’s used unnecessarily but in Tease, it’s necessary. Tease is about the effects of bullying and carelessness, and it a highly important novel for all readers–especially teens.
Coming Up this Week
– Review of The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel | Mel
– Review of The Last Best Kiss by Claire LaZebnik | Celine
– Review of Camp Boyfriend by J. K. Rock | Mel
– Review of After the End by Amy Plum | Celine
– Discussing Through Midnight (30) | Celine
– Review of The Dark World by Cara Lynn Shultz | Larissa
– Review of Boys Like You by Julianna Stone | Mel
Posts on the Blog
- [14 Apr] Tease by Amanda Maciel ★★★½
- [15 Apr] Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin ★★★
- [16 Apr] Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
- [17 Apr] Evertrue by Brodi Ashton ★★
- [18 Apr] A Recap. Featuring: Two Events – A Movie – Photos – A Lot of Fangirling
- [19 Apr] The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski ★★★★½
- [20 Apr] Midnight Madness Newsletter (48)
New on the Shelves
The Truth About Alice: It’s so pretteh! I love a good emotional contemporary every now and again and this looks like the one!
Popular: A Memoir: Received at PTALive. It’s a non-fiction title so not sure if I’ll read it any time soon.
My Life Next Door: Bought this baby. Can’t wait!
Fire and Flood: Was meant to get this a few weeks ago but some random crap happened with the mail and it never got to be. Thanks to the publisher for re-sending this!
Far From You: AHHHH! Looks amazing.
What Goes Around: You might remember from last year when I had this week dedicated to Courtney Summers’ novels. I am such a fan I just must own her books. This title includes Cracked Up To Be and Some Girls Are.
~Thank you Hardie Grant Egmont Australia, Penguin Australia and Scholastic Australia!~
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Giveaway: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - February 14, 2016
- Midnight Blogging 101: The Thing About ARCs - January 16, 2016
- YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! - January 9, 2016
- Mel’s 2016 Resolutions (That Hopefully Will Last the Year) - January 7, 2016