What’s been happening lately…
Hey everyone! This was the first week of YA Midnight Reads officially being co-blogged, which was pretty cool! I felt much more at ease with the fact that I had awesome people working with me and it’s great to have different voices to the blog as well. Talking about co-blogging, my co-blog, Finding Bliss in Books is hosting a week long event. It’s basically a Valentines event featuring authors who wrote really swoon worthy romances/or books that look like have really swoon worthy romances. Come and take a peek!
Moreover, I’ll be MIA this week as I’m going on transition camp. BLEH. But of course, Celine and Larissa will be around!
Steph @ Chasm of Books and I are hosting a read-along for The Iron Fey Series! Most of us have finished book 1 and are going onto book 2. It’s not too late to join in 🙂
Just Finished Reading…
Book of the Week:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green was actually dedicated to the girl on this cover–Esther Earl. She was a real teen however died with cancer a few years ago. So when this bibliography arrived at my front door step this week, I got interested. I so far have read the introduction by John Green himself–I had already started to cry. Even if you’re not big on reading bibliographies, this one is 100% worth it.
Coming Up this Week:
– Review of Soul Cutter by Lexa Cain
– Review of Grim (by Multiple Authors)
– Secret Blog Tour
– Review of Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
– Discussing Through Midnight (23)
Reviews on the Blog:
- [3 Feb] Bird by Crystal Chan
- [4 Feb] Perfect Lies by Kiersten White ★★★★
- [5 Feb] The Drowned Forest by Kristopher Reisz
- [6 Feb] Mafia Girl by Deborah Blumenthal ★
- [8 Feb] Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor ★★★★½
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrow of Ava Lavender: THIS LOOKS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT
Ignite Me: SQUEE SQUEEE SQUEEEE.
This Star Won’t Go Out: Like I said before, it’s beautiful. So thankful to have this one turn up unexpectedly.
The Last Shot: Unsolicited, I got the first book as well…perhaps I will need to start on this series
Bound (+ swag): Thank you Melanie Stevens! Looks great 🙂
Soul Cutter: Huge thanks to Lexa! Will be reading this one ASAP
Scarlet: I bought this one last year and it finally arrived! I’ve already read it BTW.
If You Find Me: Also bought last year, however I have not read it yet.
~Thank you Walker Books Australia, Penguin Australia, Allen and Unwin Australia, M.J. Stevens and Lexa Cain!~
Midnight Madness Newsletter is foreverly adding and changing things to place in, if you have a suggestion, email me!
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Giveaway: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - February 14, 2016
- Midnight Blogging 101: The Thing About ARCs - January 16, 2016
- YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! - January 9, 2016
- Mel’s 2016 Resolutions (That Hopefully Will Last the Year) - January 7, 2016