Hey bibliophiles! I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the future for YA Midnight Reads. I am currently a 14 year old student and am about to enter Year 9 (freshman–in American terms) in a fortnight. And quite frankly, studying is going to consume most of my time nowadays but I would hate to have YA Midnight Reads barely active. So, I was only left with two other alternatives. To ditch YA Midnight Reads completely (but I wouldn’t be in my right mind to do that, this blog is my baby) and blog full time at Finding Bliss in Books (which I am not leaving, I’ve become attached to that blog as well) or find a co-blogger. And like the title post suggests, I’ve decided to look for a co-blogger (or two…it really depends).
I am very nervous but also excited about getting a co-blogger. I mean, that means I will be sharing the same workspace with someone. You’d think I would be already really good at this co-blogging thing since I’m also over at Finding Bliss in Books, however it’s not. Because this has always been my blog from the very get go and I’ve taken full responsibility for it all by myself.
There’s no guarantee I’m going to have a co-blogger at the end of this search. If I don’t find anyone that is fitting of my criteria, it’ll just be myself on this blog like it is now.
What type of co-blogger I am looking for:
– I am hoping to find a co-blogger situated in Australia. But I don’t mind if you are not. (Or at least just one, if I am to get two co-bloggers)
– You MUST post AT LEAST one review a week (does not have to be an ARC review) and contribute in discussion posts AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.
– You MUST be a reliable person and communicate with me. I really hate it when I send an urgent email in need of a reply and don’t get the reply until a week later without some legit excuse.
– You MUST have a Twitter AND Goodreads account. If you do not, get one now.
– You CANNOT use this blog to sign up for blog tours. You MUST consult with me if you want to sign this blog up for a tour.
– You MUST have a serious dedication to reading books and writing reviews. I don’t want to have someone on this blog who writes two sentences and calls that a review. Or, I don’t want someone who writes a 2000 word essay full of meaningless words.
– You MUST be able to write at least 4+ paragraphs in your reviews. Also, your review has to be completely honest.
– You CANNOT post any erotic fiction reviews/content or anything like that. This is solely a YA fiction book blog. Some MG, NA and Adult is allowed.
– You MUST schedule reviews 24-48 hours ahead of time or notify me that you are going to be posting for the day. Only one post a day please!
– You WILL be able to use YA Midnight Reads’ statistics to receive ARCs and eARCs from publishers. If you are an Australian citizen, I might even send you my ARCs for you to read and review.
And that’s all! I know I sounded a bit harsh but I have to put my foot down and state the necessary things because I want a co-blogger who is easy and fun to work with and socialize. Trust me, I don’t bite. I’m just a little weird and crazy in the head 😛
It’s an advantage if I know you already. You can be already blogging at another blog, I don’t mind.
If you are busy but still want to join YMR, you can apply to be a co-reviewer or guest-poster.
If you are interested in co-blogging with me, please email me at theyabooklover(at)hotmail(dot)com with the following:
- Name, age and country you’re from
- Link to your blog (if you have one)
- Whether I know you or not
- Your twitter handle
- A little intro about yourself
- A link to your Goodreads page (or Booklikes or Leafmarks)
- Links to two positive reviews
- Links to two negative reviews
- Whether you can use Photoshop. If yes, are you good at it?
Please only send an email if you are legit serious! And a shoutout/credit to Faye, who I stole this format from. I hope you don’t mind, lovely.
Applications end 20th of January
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Giveaway: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - February 14, 2016
- Midnight Blogging 101: The Thing About ARCs - January 16, 2016
- YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! - January 9, 2016
- Mel’s 2016 Resolutions (That Hopefully Will Last the Year) - January 7, 2016