What’s been happening lately…
Bonjour! I’ve had an awesome week–not necessarily in the bookish department but in the movies! I saw the latest Disney movie, Frozen and finally got around to watching The Book Thief. Both were fantastic, I loved how Frozen didn’t end up to be a romancey movie like they normally turned out to be. And as for The Book Thief, I was pretty delighted with the end result! Death’s voice sometimes got confused with Hans Huberman for people who had not read the book and there were some small things that happened in the book that did not happen in the movie that I was rooting for (SPOILER: such as the presents when Max was ill after the snowman and when Max and Liesel meet at the end of the book where they laughed and hugged and fell to the ground.)
Steph @ Chasm of Books and I are hosting a read-along for The Iron Fey Series! Come along and join us! It runs throughout February.
Just Finished Reading…
Book of the Week:
Coming Up this Week:
– Review of Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
– The Secret of Isobel Key Blog Tour
– Welcoming ___ and ___ to YA Midnight Reads!
– Review of Prince of Shadows by Rachel Caine
– Review of The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson (@ Finding Bliss in Books)
Reviews on the Blog:
- [20 Jan] Secret by Brigid Kemmerer ★★★½
- [22 Jan] Me Since You by Laura Wiess ★★★★
- [23 Jan] And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard ★★
- [25 Jan] Unhinged by A.G. Howard ★★
Unhinged: I have already read this one as well. Unfortunately, I was a black sheep. I felt completely detached from the book. The characters were idiotic and Alyssa spent most the time denying and hiding away from reality, the romance took over the plot and I wanted more of Wonderland. Still…gorgeous cover. I’ll give the author that.
The Firebird Mystery: This was an unsolicited copy. I’m not entirely sure if I’m going to read this–however it is written by an Australian author (from Melbourne like me) and I do want to read my Aussie books. Also, the publisher put a sticker in the corner that says: “Love it or your money back” so the publisher must think it’s very good to stick that on the book.
16 Things I Thought Were True: I read How I Lost You by the same author and I thoroughly enjoyed it and the friendship dynamic. Curious about how this one will turn out. Also–the title is great.
The Summer I Wasn’t Me:A LGBT romance. I haven’t read one like it so it’s time I tried!
We Were Liars: SQUEE. Looks so gooood.
~Thank you Sourcebooks Fire, Text Publishing, HarperCollins Australia, Macmillan and Thames and Hudson Australia!~
Midnight Madness Newsletter is foreverly adding and changing things to place in, if you have a suggestion, email me!
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Giveaway: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - February 14, 2016
- Midnight Blogging 101: The Thing About ARCs - January 16, 2016
- YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! - January 9, 2016
- Mel’s 2016 Resolutions (That Hopefully Will Last the Year) - January 7, 2016