Aaaand here is the last post of 2013! I spent quite a lot of time wondering what I will be posting about and I guess it’s time to look back on this year and take a peek at what’s happening in 2014.
What I’ve Accomplished in 2013
- I changed my blog name
- I got a new design
- I started receiving ARCs from publishers
- I went to my first book event- Penguin Teen Live
- I moved to self-hosted WordPress
- I started co-blogging at Finding Bliss in Books
- YA Midnight Reads turned 1 years old
- I hosted a read-a-long
- I read 235 books
- I reviewed 203 books
- I posted 294 posts
Here’s a brief overview of my pageviews, top searches and followers that I have received this year
- GFC followers: 589 (no longer using this form of following)
- Bloglovin’: 425
- Email: 211
- 20 comments per post on average
Unfortunately, these statistics are from July 18, 2013 onwards as that was the day I moved to WordPress and got the plugin that counts pageviews and top searches.
Best of 2013
Here’s my best books of 2013 in no particular order! These have all been published in the year 2013.
The House of Hades: Loved this one! I am a huge fan of this series and this one was just as fantastic. Full of humour, action and ass kicking demigods (and Percabeth, of course 😀 )
Dangerous Girls: A mystery thriller that knocked me off my feet. Did not see that ending coming!
All Our Yesterdays: Cristin Terrill is a bloody genius. This novel was told magnificently and I loved all the characters in the end.
Clockwork Princess: An ending bound to make anyone happy! Practically perfect in everyway.
This Song Will Save Your Life: This one resonated really well for me. A novel about love, friendships, music and finding yourself.
Everbound: A Greek Mythology book! I actually don’t mind the love triangle in this one and Nikki’s character is so easy to connect to.
All the Truth That’s In Me: A dark and twisted story about a girl who disappears and comes back to only have her tongue cut off completely.
These Broken Stars: Such a brilliant love story set in space. The writing is beautiful and I cannot wait for the sequel.
Rose Under Fire: This one is very emotionally draining. The setting is bleak but the MC has such a strong, hopeful voice.
Wildlife: A book that everyone needs to read. It’s about losing yourself, and finding yourself. Beautifully written too by an Australian author
Seventeen & Gone: The highlight in this book was the writing. The narration is wonderful and drew me in from the first page. I can’t wait to read more from this author.
Goals for 2014
- Read 200 books
- Review 170 books
- Get more followers
- Get more comments on posts
- Go to more book events
- Maybe get a co-blogger (if you want to co-blog, email me)
- Keep blogging!
2014 Releases I Can’t Wait For
To be honest, I can’t wait for every book to come out but this is my top 6
No cover: The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan and Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas
That’s all, peeps!
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Giveaway: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - February 14, 2016
- Midnight Blogging 101: The Thing About ARCs - January 16, 2016
- YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! - January 9, 2016
- Mel’s 2016 Resolutions (That Hopefully Will Last the Year) - January 7, 2016