What’s been happening lately…
Ello! I just came back from the cinemas, where I watched Catching Fire with my friends. My thoughts: It was pretty darn epic. They missed a few things that I wished they had included but still, awesomeness. I also came back from my bloggy hiatus on Wednesday; had a great time off writing an essay on Northanger Abbey. *sarcasm* I liked the book but writing an essay kinda ruins all the enjoyment I had for the book at that time.
I am also going overseas on Thursday. Nothing will really change, I’ll still be blogging (hopefully constantly) but there will be an absense of me on Twitter every now and again. And there will be no Midnight Madness posts as I will have no books to showcase. Well maybe… but right now I don’t think I will be buying too many novels. Also, it sucks how I DON’T KNOW WHAT BOOKS TO PACK. I am defintely taking my beloved kindle but hardcopies? Epic saderyness. (That is totes a word)
Midnight Madness posts will come back on the 12th of January.
Who wants to co-blog?!
Here’s a shoutout to my book blogging bestie, Stephanie @ Chasm of Books! She is currently looking for a co-blogger/reviewer to help out on her blog. She is seriously one of the nicest, awesomest people I know and if it weren’t that I am already stacked up on two blogs, I’d be co-blogging with her. Come and read more about it here!
Just Finished Reading…
Book of the Week:
Coming Up this Week:
– Review of Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (@ Finding Bliss in Books)
– Review of Rose Under FIre by Elizabeth Wein)
– These Broken Stars Tour Stop
– Discussing Through Midnight (16)
– Crash Into You Tour Stop
Reviews on the Blog:
- [20 Nov] The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher ★★½
- [23 Nov] Ink Is Thicker Than Water by Amy Spalding ★★
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (@ Finding Bliss in Books)
- Split Second by Kasie West (@ Finding Bliss in Books)
Champion: Lots of hype from this series. Ought to begin soon.
Losing Hope: No picture because I have sent this to a fellow blogger of mine as a trade.
Impostor: I love the cover, hope the story is just as good
Me Since You: Aparently it’s a tear-jerker. So yeah, I’m totally reading this
More Than This: PATRICK NESS. DUH.
Unraveling: Received from Shirley from a trade
~Thank you Shirley @ Shiirleyy’s Bookshelf, Hachette Children’s Books, Gallery, Penguin Books Australia, Simon and Schuster Australia and Hardie Grant Egmont Australia!~
Midnight Madness Newsletter is foreverly adding and changing things to place in, if you have a suggestion, email me!
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Giveaway: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - February 14, 2016
- Midnight Blogging 101: The Thing About ARCs - January 16, 2016
- YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! - January 9, 2016
- Mel’s 2016 Resolutions (That Hopefully Will Last the Year) - January 7, 2016