By: Melanie | July 11, 2013 | (36) Comments

HeyΒ people, like the title suggests, I have some news.

I AM MOVING TO WORDPRESS!!

*cue flailing and squealing* I, for one is very nervous about this change but I have dragged the lovely Ashley @ Nose Graze to basically… do all the work.
Some of you may recall me pondering whether I should move or not a few months back but then I gave in as I had mid year exams. I have decided now is the time to take action.
The main reason behind this move is due to the fact I am simply fed up of blogger and how it has a habit of eating my posts. I had a discussion scheduled for today but POOF! No where to be seen. Additionally, blogger blogs have been shutting down randomly overnight I simply cannot risk that for mine.

Anyhoo, you guys won’t need to be particularly worried about not being able to find my blog later next week (which is when I will commence the move) as Ashley will redirect it too my new place and if that doesn’t work, a link will be here for you to click on. And twitter is also an option.

If you are considering the move, here are some posts to get you started: (all are Ashley’s posts on her blog)
Moving to WordPress- Does it cost anything and should you do it
6 reasons why you should move to WordPress
Choosing the best web host

I still will be posting here until everything is complete at my WordPress blog.

Bye for now! <33

The following two tabs change content below.

Melanie

Owner (and crazy nut) at YA Midnight Reads
Melanie is one of the totally fabulous bloggers at YA Midnight Reads. She's a 16 year old student from Melbourne, Australia. She is normally found binge watching TV series, reading , blogging, procrastinating or fangirling about how Percabeth is the best ship ever. She's also a lover of caps lock and uses it excessively.

Want more posts like this?

Subscribe via email to receive new posts on book reviews, bookish giveaways, discussions and more!

36 Responses to I have some news…

1. Carmen B. says:

Good luck with your move! I’ve been considering it myself but I’ve never run into any problems with blogger and it’s so simple to use! I have to deal with wordpress on another blog where I’m one of several occasional posters and I always want to tear out my hair over what it does with my formatting >.<
    The random deleting of blogs worries me too though :/ Time to do another backup again…

2. That’s awesome, Melanie! I decided to hold off for a long time, mostly because I’m so dang comfortable on Blogger. Plus, I use Tumblr for my personal blog, and I manage a website through WordPress, so I’m just touching all my bases haha can’t wait to see the changes!

3. Stephanie B says:

Can’t wait to see it all! Ashley’s blog is beautiful so I can not wait to see what she puts together for you!

4. GOod luck with the move! It seems like it could be a bit of a headache but I think you are definitely going to the right person when you go to Ashley! Can’t wait to see it up and running πŸ™‚

5. Ariella Lee says:

I’ve only seen blogger eat up two of my posts.. But lately I’ve seen a lot of people run into problems so I’m thinking about moving to WordPress.. BUT.. I have no idea how to do it! I suck with computers and I’ll probably just mess everything up -___- Lemme know how it goes for you, Melanie!

-Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

6. I am trying to start a blog right now and I still don’t know a lot of the ins and outs of blogging, so those links that you gave really helped a lot! Her site has some great info, so thank you!! I really needed to find a site like hers. Good luck on your move, can’t wait to see it!

7. Ashley says:

This is going to be aaaawesome!! Can’t wait to get started. πŸ™‚ You will love WordPress!

8. Good luck, Melanie! That’s quite an adventure. I don’t think I’m ready for it just yet, and I’m honestly happy with blogger so far – no missing post, no scheduling troubles. But I might change my mind later down the line when they shut down GFC.

9. I can’t wait to see your new blog! I’m sure it’s gonna be just as awesome and lovely as this one. πŸ™‚ You put up an extremely convincing argument for WordPress (as does Ashley) but I’m still not sure yet… I think the biggest thing standing between me moving to WordPress is my laziness. πŸ˜› But good luck!! <3

10. Jessi (Geo) says:

YAYYAYAAYYYYY!!!!!! So excited for you!! You won’t regret it when you’re finished, I promise πŸ™‚

11. Good luck on your move! I really wanna move too, blogger eats my posts all the time. πŸ™ but I’m gonna wait until I have the means to do so,

ANYWAYS I AM SO HAOPY FOR YOU DEAR!!

Dee @ Dee’s Reads

12. Amy says:

I would love to move, but I am so not techy at all, and not having a job I have no funds to do self hosting and all of that. I really wish I could, but hubs won’t pay for it for me.

13. Najwa Shufia says:

Good luck! I’m still using blogger though, ’cause I’m not familiar with wordpress

14. Whoa! That’s exciting. A lot of people seem to be considering the move at the moment, though I’m quite comfortable on Blogger myself so I think I’ll stay there. For now, anyway. πŸ™‚ Hope everything goes okay and good luck!

15. Lyn Kaye says:

I hope it all goes smoothly for you!!

16. sshah605 says:

Your moving to WordPress? Well I hope you don’t come across any glitches there! Good Luck with the move !